wtorek, 12 lipca 2011

FizzBuzz of Doom

Today a colleague had to interview a bunch of students (on their 3rd or 4th year at the university I believe) wanting to have their internship at our company. Just before he went to talk to them I mentioned the FizzBuzz problem (huh?) as a nice example of simple screening questions and he decided to ask it the candidates.
When I first heard about it I couldn't really believe this could be a problem for anyone (I suppose I was on my 3rd year of studies at the time). Today I got a hard proof I was terribly wrong. Out of 6 students only 2 gave an acceptable answer to the problem.

Ouch! I don't really know what to think about it. Thought that FizzBuzz can actually be a problem for CS students makes me feel uneasy. Or maybe there's nothing to worry about? Time will show

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz